Monday, June 29, 2009

Classwork

In class today I gave my group presentation on the studies done by Henry Harlow on Discovering Love. He tested the relationship between an infant and a mother. He used baby monkeys and two fake mothers, one made of wire that contained food for the infant and one that was made out of cloth to provide comfort. The results to all the studies done under different situations was that the baby monkeys preferred the comfort over a necessity like a milk, food.
My group was one of the first to present so far and I am excited to see what the other groups have got to teach me about their studies.
Also in class we have started to read a new book called Thinking in Pictures which is a book about an autistic women.
So far in class we have learned about different illnesses and challenges people go through. It makes me feel in some way more grateful and lucky to have a life that's not as nearly corrupt.

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Mercedes,

Interesting stuff. An enterprising monkey would have found a way to merge the two fake mothers into one.