Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ropes Course

Today I had to wake up really early because I had a ropes course that was 30 minutes away. I got up at 6:30 a.m. to make sure I'll have enough time to eat breakfast. Once I got over to breakfast I found out that our ropes course was delayed because of weather. So we had to wait an extra hour and finally they took us to another place to start our activities. There we talked to Dean Rose and did teamwork activities. In the activities we had a lot of challenges some were blind folded, muted, then some could see but they talk. The challenges turn out to work better than when everyone could talk and see.



Then later on the weather cleared so we went to the original place for the ropes course, but most groups only had time to do one activity because it really started to storm. My groups activity was called the "Magic Carpet." It was eleven of us and we all stood on this small tarp, that we had to flip over while all of us was still standing on it. It was very challenging but we got through and actually completing the activity without anyone stepping off the tarp.



Today I would say my leadership lesson was adapting to new surroundings or challenges. Today I had things thrown at me and I had to think of new ways to adjust to it and it really worked. I will carry this lesson for the rest of my life.



-Tiffany Carter

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Tiffany,

I suppose you had to be there to fully understand what it was you all were doing and what they were trying to teach you. It's a shame the weather didn't cooperate a bit more.

Thanks for sharing, though.