Monday, November 9, 2009

A weekend to Remember

This pass weekend has been the most informative and fun weekend I have had in a while. I learned so much from how to have a persuasive public speech to managing my time. I also learned on how to create an elevator speech that Dean Rose taught us. The elevator speech is basically having all your information for your cause and being able to present it to someone in a timely matter.
I had a class the specifically talked about my action plan. The young ladies that taught the class gave me a lot of new ideas. I'm thinking of going into a new direction with my action plan. I'm of just focusing on getting my homework club back running then going forth with my Big Sister program. The class on managing gave me new ways on how to tackle my big projects also known as the "Big Rocks". I plan to take my new ideas and put them into effect as soon as possible.

I just want to thank the Ivy League Connection for giving me this opportunity to go back to Brown, I learned so much. I hope to share my new ideas and hopefully going back next year. I also want to thank you for trusting to travel by myself, just the travel part itself grew me up a little.

THANK YOU
-Tiffany Carter

No comments: