Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'll Be Frank

It still hasn't hit me yet.

Even with 4 days till we zoom off to Providence, I haven't felt a continuous rush of excitement. It more commonly comes in short bursts. A random realization that I'll be on the east coast here, an itching to look into what kind of stuff there is to do in Rhode Island there. It could be because I haven't taken out any suitcases yet, or it could be because I'm still busy with matters at home. In any case, I'm looking forward to taking a class on macroeconomics, visiting colleges and places, and meeting new people.

However - It hasn't hit me yet.

But time always flies by.

1 comment:

Charles Tillman Ramsey said...

Well if it has not hit you it sure has hit me. I am thinking about our time in Providence.

First I am off to be with the students in Ithaca and we have a full schedule and then I come all the way back to California and hee in the Bay Area and I am right back on a Jet to Providence.

On top of eight graduations that I was at last week and running my law practice and serving on the School Board the upcoming trip is hitting me fast.

The Saturday that we will spend at Harvard, MIT, Tufts and Brandeis is fast upon us and I need some help identifying what we plan to see and learn. Further we have two big dinner events in Providence and the next day with a Brunch and Brown University Alums.

So, yes, it has it me in a big way and I am sure that once you are at El Cerrito High School on Saturday morning at 4:00 AM that it will hit you as well.

Anyway, Dennis you are one of the veterans to the program and I am sure that you will get a lot out of the trip. Brown is a great University with a lot of El Cerrito High School Students. Last year, Kiana Ward was unimpressed with being part of the ILC but when she returned her entire impression of the East Coast and Brown changed.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey