Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome to Smitty B.

It was officially the first day of class! I was surprised to see so many students, 38 to be exact. Our Intro to Psychology class is in the Smith Bouannon building but since no one knows how to pronounce it so we call it Smitty B. for short - at least that is what my RA (Room Adviser) told me to refer to it and it makes sense since it is way shorter to say.

The Smitty B. building is right next door to the Verney Woolley cafeteria so it was not much of a walk which is good for us! Unlike the rest of the other old buildings at Brown, Smitty B. has a really modern vibe to it. I adore the structure and accent of the building. We did not do much today since it was the first day besides go over the syllabus and split into groups.

It is our first day of class but we already have homework. To some extent, I actually kind of like that we already have homework. My professor, Dr.J, likes to get right to the point. I am extremely excited for the next three weeks.

This is all for now. I will get back to you all tomorrow with more stuff to blog about.

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Meuy,

You can't knock any place where the place you eat and the place you study are right next to each other.

You'd be surprised how many college classes you're going to take before you graduate where you actually have assignments due before the class even starts.

I recall one class I took where someone was stupid enough to try to ask the professor at the beginning of the first day about tests, grading and office hours when he stated bluntly that those were things we could find out about outside of class and he then started going over the assignment that most of us didn't even know we had been assigned. This was his way of telling us: welcome to his world.